Advantages of sloped roofsSloped roofs require lower maintenance compared to flat roofs and are economically viable in installation. In addition, in some places, cover sheets could be placed on sloped concrete roofs or rough brick arches as moisture insulation. In the latter case, asbestos and cement sheets are not used, but ceramic and concrete tiles are usually utilized that do not contain any carcinogens. Their important applications include gable roof sheets, gable roof coatings, gable roofed villas, gyms, industrial sheds and other sloped roofs.
Why we use sloped roof?That’s because, in addition to beauty, sloped roofs require lower maintenance compared to the flat roofs. The construction of sloped roofs has a long history and many believe that the first ever recognized roofs have been sloped and that the flat roofs were only considered as shelters. You may also be one of those who painted your house with a sloped roof in your childhood paintings. Many environmental factors such as wind speed and direction, rain direction, humidity, geographical location, summer heat intensity, winter cold intensity and also the type of building use, weight and other technical specifications of the building, not only helps conform with the customer’s fancies and preferences and maintain the beauty of the building, but also are very valuable in choosing the sloped roof coating.
Classification of sloped roofs in terms of materialsIn general, sloped roof coatings can be made of various materials, the most important of which are as follows:
- Asbestos and cement coatings including corrugated sheets and slates
- Aluminum sheets or sine or trapezoidal waves
- The most important steel sheets include: galvanized steel sheets with fine or coarse sine and trapezoidal waves, smooth galvanized steel sheets, steel sheets with plastic coatings, sheets made with baked glaze, painted sheets which include corrugated sheets with thermal and moisture insulation
- Sheets made from a mixture of bitumen and
- Various types of wood coatings
- Ceramic coatings
- Transparent plastic sheet coatings
- PVC coating